The National Trends and Services/Health and Human Services facets are committed to promoting economic independence, political empowerment and healthy lifestyles to individuals around the world. The Pasadena-Altadena chapter works to enrich the lives of people in the community by researching issues that impact the quality of life for residents and developing programs to address those issues.
- Voter registration drive: partner with the League of Women Voters and pool resources to reduce the number of unregistered voters
- Organ donation: partner with the Red Cross to increase community awareness and participation in the organ donation program
- Project Alert: increase awareness and understanding of Alzheimer’s
- Senior Talent Show: showcase the talents of community seniors
- Make Health A Habit: living healthy by exercising—“Links Under the Roses,”
- The “Links Under the Roses” program received an outstanding program award at the 2007 Links Western Area Conference. This program raises the awareness of the community regarding the health issues affecting African-American women and puts into action an effective walking program that promotes better health and wellness.